Privacy is very important to Cow & Rooster. We value the trust you place in us when visiting this site and buying our products and services. While no system is perfect, we monitor site security regularly, and use trusted partners and services to conduct business.
This site collects information from you in two ways:
- The information you manually provide by signing up for the free newsletter, commenting on posts, or by making a purchase.
- Information automatically collected via our 3rd Party Partners.
3rd Party Tools we use:
MailChimp – We use MailChimp as an email service for our Newsletter, Online Workshops and other relevant news. It is required for the Workshops, but the general email list is voluntary. You may opt out at any time by following the link at the bottom of any email. The types of info that may be collected include email open rate, links clicked and country. This information is used to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns. Your information is retained as long as you are an active subscriber, and up to a 18 months after you unsubscribe.
WooCommerce: We use Woo to manage the online store which includes workshops, courses, downloads and other products. Sales records are kept at minimum of 7 years for tax purposes.
Opt Out Options:
Tracking Technologies such as cookies: You may adjust your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies. This may cause some parts of the website to not function or not be accessible however.
Email Each email has a link at the bottom to opt out of future emails. If you are taking an online workshop please do not do this until after the course, as you will not receive future class sessions. For help adjusting emails please email us at [email protected]
Protecting your Information:
We take your privacy seriously and take precautions to safeguard your data. We only use 3rd Party Vendors with a proven track record of also taking privacy and security seriously.
Some of the tools we use include:
- We use an SSL Certificate to encrypt data you enter on your device and send to our website.
- We use PayPal to securely process payments.
- Where available the tools we use require MFA (MultiFactor Authentication) to limit the risk of unauthorized access to our accounts.
Nothing on the internet is 100% secure however many security protocols we follow. In the event we discover a breach, we will contact you within 24 hours of discovery and with updates as more details are discovered.
If you would like to know what information we have that is directly attributable to you please email us at [email protected]
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our website visitors without restriction. This means information not tied to an individual.
We do not sell, rent or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
We may however, disclose information that can be tied to you to:
- Service Providers, contractors and other parties we use to support our business
- Fulfill the purpose for which you provided it.
- Fulfill any other purpose described when you provided the information
- Process payment, refunds or other tasks relevant with PayPal only to the degree necessary to perform those tasks.
We may also be obligated to disclose information:
- To comply with a court order or other legal or law enforcement process, including responding to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing or collection purposes
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.